Mac OS X Monitoring Tools
Download Mac OS X Monitoring Tools
Visit the project on GitHub
A collection of scripts and tools to assist in monitoring Mac OS X and essential services with Nagios.
Some of the features of these scripts include:
- Checking the currency of backups with Time Machine, CrashPlan, and Carbon Copy Cloner
- Checking memory utilization on Mac OS X
- Checking the health of Open Directory masters and replicas on Mac OS X Server
- Checking Open Directory binding & authentication
- Checking the status of tasks scheduled or executed by launchd
- Checking certificate expiry on Mac OS X Server
- Checking Kerio Connect statistics & performance data
- Native (no perl, no python) file age check
- & more!
These scripts and tools were specifically designed to be dependency free, so in the case of all but one or two, they will run on a stock Mac OS X client/server system from 10.4+ onwards. Most of them are pure BASH, with a few Obj-C exceptions that will need to be compiled prior to use.
Support & Feedback:
The project’s Issues Tracker is the best place to let me know of any specific issues or bugs that you find. I am more than happy to chat about ideas on integrating these scripts into your environment – feel free to send me an email (email@example.com), or contact me with iMessage or AIM (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain – see LICENSE (http://unlicense.org/)